Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Paul Lee <PL...@itcenter4.clemson.edu> on 2002/01/22 17:09:13 UTC

auto indexing problems

I am new to apache, but I cannot seem to get it to output the server
generated index of a subdirectory. It will respond if it has any of the
predetermined main pages and I have added the +Indexes option to the
Options directive. I have also turned on Fancy Indexing ( i think) but
still no luck.

Thanks in advance,

Paul Lee
SC Center for Instructional Technology Training
Server Administrator
PL@itcenter4.clemson.edu

Re: auto indexing problems

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
Paul Lee wrote:

> I am new to apache, but I cannot seem to get it to output the server
> generated index of a subdirectory. It will respond if it has any of the
> predetermined main pages and I have added the +Indexes option to the
> Options directive. I have also turned on Fancy Indexing ( i think) but
> still no luck.

Well, if any of the DirectoryIndex files exist they'll be
sent.  Generated indices are only sent if Options Indexes AND
no DirectoryIndex match is found.
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millenium hand and shrimp!"