Posted to dev@reef.apache.org by Dhruv Mahajan <dh...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/23 21:53:33 UTC

Hierarchical configuration modules

Hi

In many cases we need to right configuration modules in a hierarchical
fashion. For example, let us say I want to write one for codec
implementation of double[][] i.e. ICodec<double[][]> which in turn depends
on ICodec<double[]>. ICodec<double[]> in turn depends on internal buffer
size parameter allocated for writing and reading from streams. From the
ease point of view, I would make the configuration module of
 ICodec<double[][]> to take another optional configuration (of
ICodec<double[]>) as input, although it violates the strong type checking
these configuration modules are intended for. What is the ideal way to
specify these chained/hierarchical configuration modules?

Dhruv

Re: Hierarchical configuration modules

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.
On 2016-05-23 2:53 PM, Dhruv Mahajan wrote:
> What is the ideal way to specify these chained/hierarchical
> configuration modules?

That is one of the more challenging issues with Tang. We don't have a
good story for `ConfigurationModule` composition :-(

Markus