Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Andrew Kharchenko <an...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/16 11:59:38 UTC

AJAX & verbatim tag usage problem

Hi all.

I'm working on custom JSF components development with AJAX support. There is
a problem with <f:verbatim> tag usage: control contains one or several
<f:verbatim> tags as children. When common request was sent to server -
everything is OK: verbatim tags are shown. But when I send AJAX request to
server - these verbatim components are missed in children list for my
component. Did anyone met the same problem as me?

--
---
Sincerely,

Re: AJAX & verbatim tag usage problem

Posted by Andrew Kharchenko <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Let me share some things that may be useful I've discovered.

After ajax request processed, on following JSF request (that can be
generated with some JSF submit for example when submit button clicked)
children tree does not contain verbatims until ViewHandler.renderView method
called. After this call viewRoot contains expected children tree. I've tried
to put this method call in my ajax listener but there is a trick - when this
method called, response output will be filled with view's HTML rendered. But
it isn't usefull for me 'cause I'm unable to put my custom output to
response after this call.

Still I don't know why verbatims disappears from children tree on ajax
request. A guess: Maybe I've missed some tricky state restoring procedure on
it. I don't know...

---
Sincerely,
Kharchenko Andrew