Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/10 01:48:00 UTC

scan and splitting regions

Hi,
In trunk, when I scan a large table whose regions are actively splitting,
would the scan finish seamlessly ?

If someone can compare behavior in trunk vs. 0.20.x, that would be great.

Thanks

Re: scan and splitting regions

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
> In trunk, when I scan a large table whose regions are actively splitting,
> would the scan finish seamlessly ?

Shouldn't be different than 0.89 and 0.20, it will be blocked when
hitting rows in a region that's being split but it will eventually
finish normally.

> If someone can compare behavior in trunk vs. 0.20.x, that would be great.

Hopefully faster in trunk.

J-D