Posted to users@maven.apache.org by kelvin goodson <ke...@apache.org> on 2010/05/30 01:01:43 UTC

Controlling javadoc packages in large multi project reactor build

I want to produce selective javadoc in a project where we are in the
process of defining what is SPI.  The packages containing SPI are
currently distributed amongst the projects in a non-ideal way.

I have tried using the excludePackageNames config element, but it
seems to be failing to handle the large number of packages I want to
exclude.  I have over 100 packages to exclude, and wildcards in the
excludePackageNames value will not reduce the the string length of
this value considerably.

I looked for documentation to clarify excludePackageNames, but did not
find what I need, so I experimented [1] and found that
a) if multiple excludePackageNames elements are included in the config
then only the last value takes effect
b) the value of the excludePackageNames element can not be split over
multiple lines

Is this what you would expect?
Are there other ways of configuring this plugin for selective javadoccing?

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/sandbox/kgoodson/testroot/

RE: Controlling javadoc packages in large multi project reactor build

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
try colon
 javadoc -d /home/html -sourcepath /home/src -subpackages java -exclude java.net:java.lang

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/tooldocs/solaris/javadoc.html#runningjavadoc

hth
Martin

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.