Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Thomas Fischer <fi...@aon.at> on 2010/06/18 10:40:58 UTC

Tweaking character transformation

Hello,

I am converting (mathematical) PDF files to text for indexing.
While the newest version is already pretty good at this, I would love to be able to tweak PDFbox a little here and there to adjust the conversion of characters.
So I'm wondering where I would have to intervene, which file I would have to change to attain such changes.
Is there a (relatively) simple way to do that?
For example, I want to change the mapping of a21 (x15), is it sufficient to edit the table in additional_glyphlist.txt?

All the best
Thomas