Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Vsanam <Vs...@1fbusa.com> on 2010/10/08 12:27:59 UTC

Recommended Upgrades for log4j-1.2.14

Hi All,

I am currently using log4j version of log4j-1.2.14 and I am finding answer for the below questions and I couldn't get proper answers from the site http://logging.apache.org. So anyone could help me out to find out the answers for me or atleast tell me where I can get information for below questions:

1.	What are the new versions of log4j?
2.	Any recommendations to upgrade from log4j version 1.2.14.
3.	What are the new Challenges that log4j-1.2.14 is facing currently?
4.	Any architect relevant articles for latest versions of log4j
5.	Ensure the log4j-1.2.14 is still relevant and is not becoming obsolete 	by another or competing tool
6.	What are the critical security patch that are needed for log4j-1.2.14?
7.	What are the critical security patch in some other software that 	requires this log4j-1.2.14 to be upgraded?
8.	What are important new features that would improve development 	significantly?
9.	Whether current version(log4j-1.2.14) is more than 2-3 years old or 	has became out-of-date?

Sincerely,

Re: Recommended Upgrades for log4j-1.2.14

Posted by Wendal Chen <we...@gmail.com>.
Changelog

http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/changes-report.html#a1.2.16

Posted by Wendal Chen <we...@gmail.com>.