Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Lars Francke <la...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/05 15:20:41 UTC

Stability of RecordReader et. al.

Hi,

a customer stumbled upon these comments in RecordSetWriterFactory,
RecordReader, WriteResult and RecordSetWriter:

"PLEASE NOTE: This interface is still considered 'unstable' and may change
in a non-backward-compatible manner between minor or incremental releases
of NiFi."

Is this still true? I found a Mailing list Thread from ~2018 claiming it's
been stable for a while.

If so: Would you mind me creating a Jira & Pull Request to remove those
comments? They can be confusing.

Cheers,
Lars

Re: Stability of RecordReader et. al.

Posted by Lars Francke <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bryan,

thank you for the detailed explanation. I agree with you re: backwards
compatibility.

In that case I'll create a patch next week.

Cheers,
Lars

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lars,