Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Michael Potter <po...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/07 21:51:02 UTC

webservices documentation for non-technical users

Axis2 list,

I have a need to document our webservices in a format usable by
non-technical users.

What I have in mind is some additional markup in my .wsdl files that I
will filter and use to generate .pdf files.  This would be done in the
spirit of javadoc for java and pod for perl.

My questions are:
1) Has anyone already done such a thing?
2) Is there a standard way to do that?

There is specific markup that allows one to specify maximum field
sizes in .wsdl.  Also, there is mark up to specify comments.

3) Can anyone comment on the use of those features, specifically: do
they "get in the way" of other tools?

--
Michael Potter