Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Kendall Shaw <sk...@atypon.com> on 2008/11/13 20:31:54 UTC

scale image if too large

Looking at the mailing list archives, it looks like I can't do this, but
I thought I'd check.

If the image will fit within some size, I don't want to scale the image.
If it is too large, I want to scale it to fit. Can it be done, without
knowing the dimensions of the image?

Kendall

Re: scale image if too large

Posted by Kendall Shaw <sk...@atypon.com>.
Yes, it works. Thanks!

Re: scale image if too large

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
It does work. scale-down-to-fit is supported since FOP 0.95 beta and is
exactly what is needed.

Basically, you need to do this:
<fo:external-graphic src="my.jpg"
inline-progression-dimension.maximum="100%"
content-width="scale-down-to-fit"/>

On 13.11.2008 20:39:21 Andreas Delmelle wrote:
> On 13 Nov 2008, at 20:31, Kendall Shaw wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> > Looking at the mailing list archives, it looks like I can't do this,
> > but I thought I'd check.
> >
> > If the image will fit within some size, I don't want to scale the
> > image. If it is too large, I want to scale it to fit. Can it be
> > done, without knowing the dimensions of the image?
>
> It can be, in XSL 1.1. I can't immediately remember if 0.95 already
> supports it, but I know "scale-down-to-fit" is a supported value for
> content-height/content-width in FOP Trunk.
>
> HTH!
>
> Cheers
>
> Andreas

Jeremias Maerki