Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by alanearl <al...@dash.com.ph> on 2009/11/23 03:44:04 UTC

Help Tapestry5 Block with JavaScript? Anyone

My Question is when one of my block has jquery. It will not load the jquery
then action link perform.
Any help is appreciated.... Thanks!

My Code .tml

   <t:actionlink t:id="testPage" t:zone="output">

   <t:zone t:id="output" t:update="show">
   <t:delegate to="prop:blockToRender" />
   </t:zone>

   <t:block id="testBlock">
      <!-- With JQuery  it will not load the JQuery -->
      Test
   </t:block>

My Class
@IncludeJavaScriptLibrary({"jquery-1.3.2.min.js","test.js"})

    @InjectComponent
    private Zone output;

    @Inject
    private Block testBlock;

    private Block blockToRender;

    public Block getBlockToRender()
    {
        return blockToRender;
    }

    Object onActionFromtestPage()
    {
        blockToRender = testBlock;
        return blockToRender;
    }

Re: Help Tapestry5 Block with JavaScript? Anyone

Posted by Gunnar Eketrapp <gu...@gmail.com>.
Hi!

I had problem with jQuery since there is a conflict between jquery and
prototype. If that's your problem google around for jQuery.noConflict()

But you say that your .js is not loaded and that was not my problem. My
problem was that jQuery methods didn't work.

/oakstair

2009/11/23 alanearl <al...@dash.com.ph>

> My Question is when one of my block has jquery. It will not load the jquery
> then action link perform.
> Any help is appreciated.... Thanks!
>
> My Code .tml
>
>   <t:actionlink t:id="testPage" t:zone="output">
>
>   <t:zone t:id="output" t:update="show">
>   <t:delegate to="prop:blockToRender" />
>   </t:zone>
>
>   <t:block id="testBlock">
>      <!-- With JQuery  it will not load the JQuery -->
>      Test
>   </t:block>
>
> My Class
> @IncludeJavaScriptLibrary({"jquery-1.3.2.min.js","test.js"})
>
>    @InjectComponent
>    private Zone output;
>
>    @Inject
>    private Block testBlock;
>
>    private Block blockToRender;
>
>    public Block getBlockToRender()
>    {
>        return blockToRender;
>    }
>
>    Object onActionFromtestPage()
>    {
>        blockToRender = testBlock;
>        return blockToRender;
>    }

[Hem: 08-715 59 57, Mobil: 0708-52 62 90]
Allévägen 2A, 132 42 Saltsjö-Boo

Re: Help Tapestry5 Block with JavaScript? Anyone

Posted by alanearl <al...@dash.com.ph>.
Any Examples is appreciated ...
Currently no luck in searching the nabble forum any links.

Posted by alanearl <al...@dash.com.ph>.
Base on my Experiment the Alert JS will pop out. the begin render in my
component is executed.
But the design is not loaded by the JQuery.

I wonder y? need more further investigation!

My Code ---------------------------------------------------

public class Myblock {

    @Inject
    @Path("context:layout/scripts/jquery-1.3.2.min.js")
    private Asset someScript1;

    @Inject
    @Path("context:layout/scripts/pagination.js")
    private Asset someScript;

    @Inject
    @Path("context:layout/scripts/alert.js")
    private Asset someScript2;

    @Environmental
    private RenderSupport renderSupport;

    void beginRender() {
        renderSupport.addScriptLink(someScript1);
        renderSupport.addScriptLink(someScript);
        renderSupport.addScriptLink(someScript2);
    }

}

	<t:form>
            <t:actionlink t:id="button1"
t:zone="output">button1</t:actionlink>&nbsp;
            <t:actionlink t:id="button2"
t:zone="output">button2</t:actionlink>&nbsp;
        </t:form>

            <t:zone t:id="output" t:update="show">
                <t:delegate to="prop:blockToRender" />
            </t:zone>

        <t:block t:id="defaultBlock">
            Default value!
        </t:block>

        <t:block t:id="block1">

        <t:Myblock>

	.......JQUERY.....

	</t:Myblock>

	</t:block>

	<t:block t:id="block2">

        <t:Myblock>
	.......JQUERY.....

	</t:Myblock>

	</t:block>

public class Index
{
    @Inject
    private Block block1;

    @Inject
    private Block block2;

    @Inject
    private Block defaultBlock;

    private Block blockToRender;

    void beginRender(){
        if (blockToRender == null)
        {
            blockToRender = defaultBlock;
        }
    }

    public Block getBlockToRender() {
        return blockToRender;
    }

    public void setBlockToRender(Block blockToRender) {
        this.blockToRender = blockToRender;
    }

    Object onActionFrombutton1()
    {
        setBlockToRender(block1);
        return blockToRender;
    }

    Object onActionFrombutton2()
    {
        setBlockToRender(block2);
        return blockToRender;
    }
}

Posted by alanearl <al...@dash.com.ph>.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

>>     @Inject
>>     @Path("context:layout/scripts/jquery-1.3.2.min.js")
>>     private Asset jquery;
>>
>>     @Inject
>>     @Path("context:layout/scripts/pagination.js")
>>     private Asset pagination;
>>
>>     private RenderSupport rendersupport;
>>
>>     @BeginRender
>>     public void beginRender(){
>>         rendersupport.addScriptLink(jquery);
>>         rendersupport.addScriptLink(pagination);
>>     }
>> }
>>

>> Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
>>>
>>> Search the archives, I'm pretty sure this has come up before.

>>> --
>>> Howard M. Lewis Ship
>>>
>>> Creator of Apache Tapestry
>>>
>>> The source for Tapestry training, mentoring and support. Contact me to
>>> learn how I can get you up and productive in Tapestry fast!

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: Help Tapestry5 Block with JavaScript? Anyone

Posted by alanearl <al...@dash.com.ph>.

Posted by alanearl <al...@dash.com.ph>.
Excuse Me Sir Howard,

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Search the archives, I'm pretty sure this has come up before.

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 3:24 PM, alanearl <al...@dash.com.ph> wrote:

> Sory Oakstair i did not detail my problem.
> First I dont have any problem integrating Tapestry & JQuery.
> My Problem is executing my javascript when it is inside the BLOCK.
> I think it will not execute....
>
> Excuse me Sir Howard,
>
> I don't understand this part:
>
> This can be accomplished by using the Delegate component to call back
> into your outer component (you have a getter method return an inner
> class of type Renderable), and then you inject the stylesheets as
> Assets and use RenderSupport to include them.
>
> What do you mean i need to create a new component then it will be called by
> my page
> using injectcomponent & put my javascript in the asset & use render support?
>
> Sorry but Im confuse ...
>

> Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
>>
>> The @IncludeJavascriptLibrary annotation changes the beginRender phase
>> of your component to add the JavaScript.
>>
>> When a block within your component is rendered, the component's
>> beginRender phase does not execute, just the
>> beginRender phase of components *inside* the block.
>>
>> This can be accomplished by using the Delegate component to call back
>> into your outer component (you have a getter method return an inner
>> class of type Renderable), and then you inject the stylesheets as
>> Assets and use RenderSupport to include them.
>>
>> On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 6:44 PM, alanearl <al...@dash.com.ph> wrote:
>>>
>>> My Question is when one of my block has jquery. It will not load the
>>> jquery
>>> then action link perform.
>>> Any help is appreciated.... Thanks!
>>>
>>> My Code .tml
>>>
>>>   <t:actionlink t:id="testPage" t:zone="output">
>>>
>>>   <t:zone t:id="output" t:update="show">
>>>   <t:delegate to="prop:blockToRender" />
>>>   </t:zone>
>>>
>>>   <t:block id="testBlock">
>>>      <!-- With JQuery  it will not load the JQuery -->
>>>      Test
>>>   </t:block>
>>>
>>> My Class
>>> @IncludeJavaScriptLibrary({"jquery-1.3.2.min.js","test.js"})
>>>
>>>    @InjectComponent
>>>    private Zone output;
>>>
>>>    @Inject
>>>    private Block testBlock;
>>>
>>>    private Block blockToRender;
>>>
>>>    public Block getBlockToRender()
>>>    {
>>>        return blockToRender;
>>>    }
>>>
>>>    Object onActionFromtestPage()
>>>    {
>>>        blockToRender = testBlock;
>>>        return blockToRender;
>>>    }
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> Howard M. Lewis Ship
>>
>> Creator of Apache Tapestry

>> (971) 678-5210
>> http://howardlewisship.com

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: Help Tapestry5 Block with JavaScript? Anyone

Posted by alanearl <al...@dash.com.ph>.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
The @IncludeJavascriptLibrary annotation changes the beginRender phase
of your component to add the JavaScript.

When a block within your component is rendered, the component's
beginRender phase does not execute, just the
beginRender phase of components *inside* the block.

This can be accomplished by using the Delegate component to call back
into your outer component (you have a getter method return an inner
class of type Renderable), and then you inject the stylesheets as
Assets and use RenderSupport to include them.

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 6:44 PM, alanearl <al...@dash.com.ph> wrote:

> My Question is when one of my block has jquery. It will not load the jquery
> then action link perform.
> Any help is appreciated.... Thanks!
>
> My Code .tml
>
>   <t:actionlink t:id="testPage" t:zone="output">
>
>   <t:zone t:id="output" t:update="show">
>   <t:delegate to="prop:blockToRender" />
>   </t:zone>
>
>   <t:block id="testBlock">
>      <!-- With JQuery  it will not load the JQuery -->
>      Test
>   </t:block>
>
> My Class
> @IncludeJavaScriptLibrary({"jquery-1.3.2.min.js","test.js"})