Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com> on 2013/10/12 03:14:00 UTC

[ACS43] Proposed schedule

Folks

I would like to propose the following schedule for 4.3. Please note that I have pushed it out by 1 week for multiple reasons
1) Until end of September our focus was on 4.2 and master needs to be stabilized before feature freeze
2) The original RC was scheduled closer to Christmas and it seemed impractical because of holidays  so I moved it out to January 10th giving us some extra time for RC preparation

I would like to also propose that we target 1/31 as our GA date.

4.3 is expected to be a much smaller release compared to 4.2 and the focus is to reduce our technical debt. We have  600+ unresolved issues out of which 400 are unassigned

=================================
 4.3 detailed schedule proposal:
 ================================

 2013-11-08
   Feature Freeze
   All new feature need to have been merged into master by this date.
   Release branch will be cut on this date.
   Jenkins updated to include new release branch builds.

 2013-11-09 through 2013-12-06
   Testing/Bug Fixes (testing against jenkins artifacts)
   Documentation Finalization

 2013-12-06
   Docs Freeze (except release notes and translations)
   Release Branch moves to limited updates only (only commits allowed  in would be release blockers fixes, translation updates, etc...)

 2013-12-07 through 2014-01-10
   Translation Development and Integration (should be ongoing, but  focused effort)
   Final regression testing / bug fixes / doc fixes

 2013-01-10
   4.3.0-RC1 is created, and project level VOTE is called

 2013-01-31
   4.3.0 is released

RE: [ACS43] Proposed schedule

Posted by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com>.
That would be preferred but may be impractical. For 4.1 also until we hit the RC Chip had allowed folks to checkin critical fixes check the thread below

http://markmail.org/thread/qkkxycablpsmogsx

Animesh

Re: [ACS43] Proposed schedule

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.