Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org> on 2003/02/23 02:57:34 UTC

[LICENSE} non-generation of the license.xml file

The following jelly script fragment from with the license POM does not
appear to be doing what it is intended to do.  Under Maven R8 the
license.xml generation appears to be broken.  No license.xml file if
generated for the case of either valid license declaration or the null
license declaration.

 From license POM plugin.jelly:

      <doc:text-xdoc
        title="Project License"
        section="Project License"
        output="${genDocs}/license.xml"
        inputFile="${licenseFile}"/>

For reference - this feature was working in R7.

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org

Re: [LICENSE} non-generation of the license.xml file

Posted by Pete Kazmier <pe...@kazmier.com>.

> More news - it appears that the license pom was executed by default
> under R7 but is not executed under R8.

The license plugin was disabled at one point due to some problems
encountered by James Strachan (I believe).  In any case, Ben just
turned this back on a within the past couple of days.

Re: [LICENSE} non-generation of the license.xml file

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Stephen McConnell wrote:

> The following jelly script fragment from with the license POM does not
> appear to be doing what it is intended to do.  Under Maven R8 the
> license.xml generation appears to be broken.  No license.xml file if
> generated for the case of either valid license declaration or the null
> license declaration.
>
> From license POM plugin.jelly:
>
>      <doc:text-xdoc
>        title="Project License"
>        section="Project License"
>        output="${genDocs}/license.xml"
>        inputFile="${licenseFile}"/>
>
> For reference - this feature was working in R7.

More news - it appears that the license pom was executed by default
under R7 but is not executed under R8.  The workaround for this that I
have employed is to include the following in my maven.xml:

  <preGoal name="site">
    <attainGoal name="license"/>
  </preGoal>

Can anyone confirm is the "site" target is the most appropriate per-goal
target to reference?

Cheers, Steve.