Posted to users@maven.apache.org by DATACOM - Diego <di...@datacom.ind.br> on 2007/04/25 16:25:06 UTC

Is it possible to specify a password to CVS using ext?

Hi all,

I am new to Maven and I am using version 2.0.6 on a Windows box.

I configured my POM to access a CVS server using the ext (ssh) method like this:

<scm>
   <connection>scm:cvs:ext:myusername@myhost:/home/cvsroot/myproject:mymodule</connection>
   <developerConnection>scm:cvs:ext:myusername@myhost:/home/cvsroot/myproject:mymodule</developerConnection>
   <tag>HEAD</tag>
</scm>

When I type:

mvn scm:update

It fails with:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: password argument is null
   at ch.ethz.ssh2.Connection.authenticateWithPassword(Connection.java:307)
   at org.apache.maven.scm.provider.cvslib.cvsjava.util.ExtConnection.open(ExtConnection.java:122)
   at org.apache.maven.scm.provider.cvslib.cvsjava.util.CvsConnection.connect(CvsConnection.java:164)

I have tried many ways of specifying the password, but all of them failed. Is it possible to specify a password to CVS using ext? Do I need to be logged in to the CVS server when I run Maven? (Using pserver or migrating to Subversion are not options to me right now.)

Thanks in advance,

--
DIEGO Moreira da Rosa

DATACOM
Av França, 735 - Porto Alegre, RS - 90230-220
DDR: +55 51 3358 0141
Fax: +55 51 3358 0101
site: www.datacom.ind.br
e-mail: diego@datacom.ind.br