Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ya...@sawtst.com on 2013/08/16 00:10:29 UTC

[users@httpd] PKI Auth and ldap Auth

Configuration:
Apache HTTP Server 2.2.23 on RHEL 5.8
Active Directory (Windows Server 2003 standard AD configuration)

Can HTTPD be configured to seamlessly perform a PKI Smart Card Client Authorization and LDAP Lookup without needing to log into AD through a browser popup dialog box requesting username and password?

If this is not possible via HTTPD configuration alone, how would you do it securely?

Currently, we have both forms of authentication working in sequential isolation,  we just do not want the second dialog box prompting for a login and password.

It would be nice if the HTTPD configuration could be set to pass key information obtained from the Smart Card login on into the LDAP / AD server module for automatic lookup and authorization.

This project is part of a Secure CAC / Smart Card Single Sign on effort that uses a related LDAP lookup into AD as domain level authorization.

Thank you,
Yancey