Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/08 18:07:06 UTC

Build failure "Error parsing web.xml for ."

I keep hitting the following build error on LDAP Demo for Jetty, even
on a clean repo on mac os x.

Error prasing web.xml for .

Unexpected element: XML_DOC_OR_TEXT_DECL

-sachin

Re: Build failure "Error parsing web.xml for ."

Posted by Paul McMahan <pa...@gmail.com>.
Looks like the error reported in https://issues.apache.org/jira/
browse/GERONIMO-3209.    Jason was looking for more debug information
since he wasn't able to recreate.

Best wishes,
Paul

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
Thats strange because I build fine on windows, but its happening on
my mac..  i did clean my repo, but now that i think about it, i may
have not scrubbed my tree clean.

I'll kick off a build and try again.

-sachin

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
Come on.... who's got that corrupted web.xml?  Its been days now
since I've asked for it... I've seen more folks saying they see it...
but so far now one has posted the dang web.xml yet.  Please...

--jason

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
Ya, could be... I really need to see that web.xml so I can fix it
though, or if someone can tell me how to make it happen on a Mac then
I can test it there.

I really need some integration tests for this to make sure it doesn't
break in the future too.

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
On Jun 8, 2007, at 10:42 AM, Donald Woods wrote:

> Did you mvn clean before rebuilding?
>
> I'm still seeing weird behavior from the latest jspc-maven-plugin
> on Windows and SLED10 if I build individual modules by hand w/o
> running mvn clean first, like its adding duplicate <webapp>
> sections to the web.xml....

Oh, duplicates... hrm...

--jason

Re: Build failure "Error parsing web.xml for ."

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
Yay.  Hopefully its sorted now then.

I'll try and add some src/it tests for this later next week.  Need to
make sure the filtering stuff still works too.  Then maybe we can
think about a release of the plugin.  Though I'm still not really
happy with the plugable API... really need to get some other non-
jasper jsp compilers implemented to know better how to adapt to them.

--jason

Posted by "Jay D. McHugh" <ja...@joyfulnoisewebdesign.com>.
Hello all,

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
On Jun 8, 2007, at 3:18 PM, Jeff Genender wrote:
> Darn it!!!...Jason's slop once again, eh? ;-)

:-P

--jason

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.

Posted by ja...@gmail.com.

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.
Was it a cleanup issue?

Jeff

Posted by Anita Kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com>.
  Your have a smart mail program...

> [...]

> > -->
> >
> > </web-app><?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
> > <!--
> >     Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or
> more
> >     contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file
> > distributed with
> >     this work for additional information regarding copyright
> > ownership.
> >     The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License,
> > Version 2.0
> >     (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance
>
> > with
> >     the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
> >
> >        http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
> >
> >     Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing,
> > software
> >     distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS"

=== message truncated ===

Looking for earth-friendly autos?
http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/

Re: Build failure "Error parsing web.xml for ."

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
Oh, there were not rendered as attachments, but were inlined by Apple
Mail ;-)

Posted by Anita Kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Posted by Anita Kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com>.