Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Ankit Bhatnagar <an...@yahoo.com> on 2013/05/16 23:55:44 UTC

recursive list in java without block

Hi folks,

How can I get a recursive listing of file using java code from HDFS (hadoop 0.23.7*)
i mean equivalent to ls  -R?

Ankit

Re: recursive list in java without block

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Kun,

So I think I was incorrect as I only checked the 0.20/1.0 APIs.

We do have optimal recursive listing support in 2.0 for both
FileContext and FileSystem APIs:
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/api/org/apache/hadoop/fs/FileSystem.html#listFiles(org.apache.hadoop.fs.Path,%20boolean).

I'd encourage using this, rather than FsShell which is not a public
API for users and may change its behavior anytime in future (no
guarantee).

--
Harsh J

Re: recursive list in java without block

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Kun,

--
Harsh J

Re: recursive list in java without block

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Kun,

--
Harsh J

Re: recursive list in java without block

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Kun,

--
Harsh J

Re: recursive list in java without block

Posted by Kun Ling <lk...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ankit,

--
http://www.lingcc.com

Re: recursive list in java without block

Posted by Kun Ling <lk...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ankit,

--
http://www.lingcc.com

Re: recursive list in java without block

Posted by Kun Ling <lk...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ankit,

--
http://www.lingcc.com

Re: recursive list in java without block

Posted by Kun Ling <lk...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ankit,

--
http://www.lingcc.com

Re: recursive list in java without block

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: recursive list in java without block

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: recursive list in java without block

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: recursive list in java without block

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J