Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Shamli <sh...@aztecsoft.com> on 2006/10/05 09:36:39 UTC

Exception while long haul tests

I am doing long haul tests, and i'm sending 30 messages per second for a
duration of 1 hour. After exceuting 14000 messages i got this exception in
catalina.out. What could be causing this exception?
I m using ActiveMQ 4.0.1.

Exception in thread "ActiveMQ Session Task" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:
unable to create new native thread
        at java.lang.Thread.start0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Thread.start(Thread.java:574)
        at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.addIfUnderMaximumPoolSize(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:461)
        at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.execute(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:861)
        at
org.apache.activemq.thread.PooledTaskRunner.runTask(PooledTaskRunner.java:130)
        at
org.apache.activemq.thread.PooledTaskRunner.access$100(PooledTaskRunner.java:25)
        at
org.apache.activemq.thread.PooledTaskRunner$1.run(PooledTaskRunner.java:43)
        at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)
        at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
5 Oct, 2006 12:55:35 PM
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable run
SEVERE: Caught exception (java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new
native thread) executing
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread@28576b, terminating
thread

Re: Exception while long haul tests

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
You'll have to run it under a profiler and send us a memory snapshot.
I prefer yourkit or jprofiler since I've got a copy.

On 10/5/06, Shamli <sh...@aztecsoft.com> wrote:

> I am doing long haul tests, and i'm sending 30 messages per second for a
> duration of 1 hour. After exceuting 14000 messages i got this exception in
> catalina.out. What could be causing this exception?
> I m using ActiveMQ 4.0.1.
>
> Exception in thread "ActiveMQ Session Task" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:
> unable to create new native thread
>         at java.lang.Thread.start0(Native Method)
>         at java.lang.Thread.start(Thread.java:574)
>         at
> edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.addIfUnderMaximumPoolSize(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:461)
>         at
> edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.execute(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:861)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.thread.PooledTaskRunner.runTask(PooledTaskRunner.java:130)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.thread.PooledTaskRunner.access$100(PooledTaskRunner.java:25)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.thread.PooledTaskRunner$1.run(PooledTaskRunner.java:43)
>         at
> edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)
>         at
> edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
> 5 Oct, 2006 12:55:35 PM
> org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable run
> SEVERE: Caught exception (java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new
> native thread) executing
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread@28576b, terminating
> thread

Hiram