Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by S Ahmed <sa...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/23 23:23:21 UTC

using htop, i see many tomcat processes?

In my catalina.sh and set CATALINA_OPT, and I have Xmx around 2GB of ram.

When I run htop, I see many instances of the tomcat process.

I'm on a quad core server (xeon 3450), and I am seeing more than 15 tomcat
processes, and one of the columns shows how the process was started with
the java executable, and it shows Xmx 128m.

Can someone make sense of this to me? :)

Re: using htop, i see many tomcat processes?

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: using htop, i see many tomcat processes?

Posted by Tim Watts <ti...@cliftonfarm.org>.
You may have the "thread view" active.  Each thread gets its own PID.  I
don't know about htop, but in top H (i.e. capital H) toggles this.

And it's CATALINA_OPTS not CATALINA_OPT.