Posted to user@spark.apache.org by bluejoe2008 <bl...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/04 15:30:48 UTC

is there any easier way to define a custom RDD in Java

hi, folks,
    is there any easier way to define a custom RDD in Java?
    I am wondering if I have to define a new java class which extends RDD from scratch? It is really a hard job for developers!

2014-06-04

bluejoe2008

Re: Re: is there any easier way to define a custom RDD in Java

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Please take a look at:

core/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/api/java/JavaRDD.scala
core/src/test/java/org/apache/spark/JavaJdbcRDDSuite.java

Cheers

Posted by swaranga <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by bluejoe2008 <bl...@gmail.com>.
i want to use spark to handle data from non-sql databases (RDF triple store, for example)
however, i am not familiar with Scala
so i want to know how to create a RdfTriplesRDD rapidly

2014-06-05

bluejoe2008

From: Patrick Wendell
Date: 2014-06-05 01:25
To: user
Subject: Re: is there any easier way to define a custom RDD in Java
Hey There,

This is only possible in Scala right now. However, this is almost
never needed since the core API is fairly flexible. I have the same
question as Andrew... what are you trying to do with your RDD?

- Patrick

Posted by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com>.
Hey There,

Posted by Andrew Ash <an...@andrewash.com>.