Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Luca Ventura <ve...@libero.it> on 2002/06/10 18:08:55 UTC

How can I disable "authentication" in Tomcat 4?

Hello everybody!

I have a great problem.....:-(
I have installed IIS as Web Server and Tomcat 4 as JSP/Servlet container:
the problem is that when I connect to a site that must be redirected to
Tomcat (because it contains JSP/servlets pages) the servlet container (i.e.
Tomcat 4) asks me to authenticate (it asks me the login and the password)!

I have searched in the Tomcat 4's documentation and on the Jakarta's site to
avoid this problem but unsuccessfully.....how can avoid that Tomcat ask me
for authentication?

Can someone help me, please?

Thanks a lot!

              Luca