Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by piyush <co...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/19 11:17:19 UTC

Azul Zing JVM with Apache Ignite

Is anybody using Azul's Zing JVM with Ignite ?
How was the experience ? Does it help in some way as they claim ?

https://www.azul.com/products/zing/

Re: Azul Zing JVM with Apache Ignite

Posted by piyush <co...@gmail.com>.
yeah that's right. Performance always will be subjective to the application.

I just wanted to get any feedback if at all seems to be helpful. Nothing
else.

Re: Azul Zing JVM with Apache Ignite

Posted by Jörn Franke <jo...@gmail.com>.
You should do first a performance test with your data and our calculation using a standard vm.

Then use this as a benchmark for non-standard vms.

Do not rely on other benchmarks - different use cases and calculations.

Particularly do your own benchmark and do not listen to advertisement material.

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
The main advantage of Azul is support of large on-heap memory space without
garbage collection pauses. In case of Ignite, the primary storage is
off-heap, so garbage collection should not be an issue regardless.

However, if you still need to use Azul JVM, I would give it a shot. The
only potential issue that I can think of is Ignite's use of Unsafe class.
If Azul does not support it, then you will see it right away.

D.