Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Abhishek Pratap Singh <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/22 16:34:29 UTC

Capacity Planning using Dfsadmin command

Hi,

I have a query about hadoop, this is very important for capacity planning
and requesting new hardware.

      Hadoop command: *hadoop dfsadmin –report* depicts the DFS usage and
DFS remaning. I have checked that the DFS usage does not match the
size of *hadoop
dfs –dus* on root or user directory. The difference is high enough, means
dfsadmin shows occupied space as 5TB but dus shows it is 3.5TB.

Does anyone knows why there is a more space occupied shown in dfsadmin?

Regards,

Abhishek

Re: Capacity Planning using Dfsadmin command

Posted by Mark Grover <mg...@oanda.com>.
Hi Abhishek,
Although someone on this mailing list might know the answer to your question, I believe you'd be better off asking this question on the Hadoop mailing list.
Check out: http://hadoop.apache.org/common/mailing_lists.html#Users

Mark