Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/07 11:02:47 UTC

Re: Camel 2.5 - Starts to look good for a relese

Hi

Okay 2.5 looks really good now. The main features have been
implemented and the important bugs fixed as well.
The jasypt stuff is also in place now, so we are almost ready to go.

James Strachan promised to take a peek at the trimmed camel-web
component to ensure that he got the pieces he want and that it works
as expected.
I did some tests yesterday and it works fine as far as I can see. We
also removed some not needed JS libraries.

We may be able to remove dojo JS as well (it has a lot of JS files)
and replace it with something lighter. All we need is some small
pieces to syntax highlight the XML when viewing and editing routes.

Also the builds in TC looks great and are all green. So we should
almost be ready to cut a release.

Hadrian it requires Maven 2.2.1 or better to build (please use 2.2.1
as its what used by build servers).
To build and include the camel-web you need to build with JDK 1.6. Did
you try this out?
There is a profile you need to set on the mvn cmd line to enable it.

See the pom.xml in components for details.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus

Re: Camel 2.5 - Starts to look good for a relese

Posted by Ashwin Karpe <ak...@fusesource.com>.
Hi All,

I have been building Camel 2.5-SNAPSHOT with 1.6 in my environment . It runs
great. I have not run into JDK specific issues.

Cool stuff.

Cheers,

Ashwin...

-----
Ashwin Karpe
Apache Camel Committer & Sr Principal Consultant
FUSESource (a Progress Software Corporation subsidiary)
http://fusesource.com http://fusesource.com

Blog: http://opensourceknowledge.blogspot.com

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
I tried building with camel 1.6 and it builds fine. That is required only because of camel-web's dependency on jersey.
I didn't try if the built artifacts will work with java 5. I'll try that today.

Hadrian