Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by am...@worldbank.org on 2005/06/16 23:42:29 UTC

cancel form rewinding

Hi,

      I would like to know how can I cancel rewind upon form submission?

      I have two submit buttons for edit and cancel operations. On click of
"cancel" button , I would like to avoid form rewind and restore the changes
back.

Thanks,
Arun

Re: cancel form rewinding

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Tapestry 4.0 nows has support for canceling a form.  A Cancel
component will be provided soon.

On 6/16/05, Pablo Ruggia <pr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's a dangerous thing.
> Think this possibility:
> You have a form with name, surname and login. You fill name and surname.
> Then you click accept. Your validation says, "you have to fill login". In
> that moment, you have your page rewinded. All your properties have been
> updated, except login. You press cancel then, but the first two properties
> have the value you typed.
>
> On 6/16/05, amanivachagam@worldbank.org <am...@worldbank.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to know how can I cancel rewind upon form submission?
> >
> > I have two submit buttons for edit and cancel operations. On click of
> > "cancel" button , I would like to avoid form rewind and restore the
> > changes
> > back.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Arun