Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Peter Glynn <gl...@tcd.ie> on 2001/04/27 20:09:15 UTC

Web Service Performance

 Hi all,
Just looking at that other performance mail and I just wanted to post this to see what you think.
I conducted a simple WebService performance test for a simple web site that I made.
The website just sends SOAP calls form servlets to backend web services. He are the times that were recorded.

      SOAP Call
     Time Taken (ms)
     Average Time (ms)

      Initialize WebService
     4046    441      61
     1516

      Search Query WebService
     1542   1072    570
     1061.333

      Check Credit Card WebService
     2828    801     361
     1330

      Update PassengerDetails WebService
     922      270     230
     474

      Charge Card WebService
     581      200     181
     320.666

      Update Flights WebService
     180      170     150
     166.666

Note the Time Taken box has three separate times, with the first one being the first invocation just after the tomcat server starting - therefore being much larger then the rest.

So I just what to know that do you think of these times?
Are they good for this type of web site?
What would be the optimal performance time for say a MS three tiered architecture be?
What would be  an optimal performance requirements of the web site system? Would these times be expectable?

Re: Web Service Performance

Posted by Peter Glynn <gl...@tcd.ie>.
Hidden forms and Java Script. It was a web project so the results displayed
to the client in HTML.

Re: Web Service Performance

Posted by Peter Glynn <gl...@tcd.ie>.

Re: Web Service Performance

Posted by Vivek Chopra <vi...@yahoo.com>.
Peter,

=====
email: vivek@soaprpc.com
web  : http://www.soaprpc.com

Re: Web Service Performance

Posted by Peter Glynn <gl...@tcd.ie>.
Sorry.
Two pentium III 500MHz, 128MB RAM computers.
Tomcat Servlet servers and both running Windows 2000.

  Can you post some details about the hardware and software specifications that you used for this test?

  Alex

  At 07:09 PM 4/27/2001 +0100, you wrote:

     Hi all,
    Just looking at that other performance mail and I just wanted to post this to see what you think.
    I conducted a simple WebService performance test for a simple web site that I made.
    The website just sends SOAP calls form servlets to backend web services. He are the times that were recorded.

    SOAP Call<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Re: Web Service Performance

Posted by Peter Glynn <gl...@tcd.ie>.
Sorry.

Re: Web Service Performance