Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by we...@tigris.org on 2009/04/06 13:52:57 UTC

$Author and $Id keywords not resolving

Hi folks,

I can not get the $Author$ or $LastChangedBy$ keywords to resolve. I have successfully added the keyword properties to the file as proven by my $Id$ keyword resolving all components *except* the author name. What have done wrong in my configuration?

Here is how the file looks:
$Author: $
$LastChangedBy: $
$Id: t_dem.sas 8 2009-04-03 16:05:22Z $

I am running SVN 1.5 and TSVN 1.6 on Windows 2003 server.

Thank you for your help.

Tim

(cross posted at svnforum.org with no response 03 Apr 09)

Re: $Author and $Id keywords not resolving

Posted by Andrey Repin <an...@freemail.ru>.
Greetings, webpost@tigris.org!

> The repository was setup to use basic authentication using the svn://<url>  protocol with anonymous write access.

> To quote the manual:

> "...you will not know who has made changes to a repository, as the svn:author property will be empty."

> So there you have it!  I will switch over to a better authentication method.

Indeed, as the $Id$ keyword should have author as it's latest bit, after
commit date. It's not there - then it's safe to assume that it was empty at
commit, meaning that repository is set for anonymous write access.

Install Apache :) Best choice for all your needs. Add mod_auth_sspi if you
want to authenticate against Windows users names. (Wish SVN could support
SSPI by itself)

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...

RE: Re: Re: $Author and $Id keywords not resolving

Posted by we...@tigris.org.

Posted by Tim <No...@gmail.com>.
I think you are on to something here. Perhaps the repository is set up for anonymous access.  I will look into this and reply back later today.

Thank you for steering me to what is likely the solution.

Tim

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tim <No...@gmail.com>.
Andy,

svn:keywords has value:

Date Revision Author HeadURL Id LastChangedBy

I find it strange that all parts of Id are resolving execpt for the author value.  I can successfully add/commit/update etc.

Cheers,

Tim

Re: $Author and $Id keywords not resolving

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 09:52,  <we...@tigris.org> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I can not get the $Author$ or $LastChangedBy$ keywords to resolve. I have successfully added the keyword properties to the file as proven by my $Id$ keyword resolving all components *except* the author name. What have done wrong in my configuration?
>
> Here is how the file looks:
> $Author: $
> $LastChangedBy: $
> $Id: t_dem.sas 8 2009-04-03 16:05:22Z $

What are the exact contents of the svn:keywords property, and has that
been committed to the repository??