Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Renato Salazar <e9...@pucp.edu.pe> on 2001/05/18 23:51:49 UTC

mod_jserv.so

please...

> Hello,
> I've installed Tomcat3.2.1 over RedHat 7.0 and
followed
> the steps recommended in the Jakarta web page but
Apache
> doesn't work.
> I think I've made something wrong with the
mod_jserv.so
> file because all the error messages deal with it.
> First of all I made it using apxs as it's said in the
> user guide but when I restart Apache after having
> restarted Tomcat I get an error message that says
> something like mod_jserv.so doesn't seem to be a DSO
> module.
> Then I tried to recompile Apache, I did the following:
>
> #./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --enable-
> module=rewrite --enable-shared=rewrite --enable-
> module=proxy --enable-shared=proxy --enable-module=so
>
> then added:
>
> #./configure --add-
> module=/usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jserv.c
> #make install
>
> then I copied the built mod_jserv.so file
> from /usr/lib/apache/ to /usr/local/apache/libexec/
and
> when I tried to start Apache I got:
>
> Syntax error on line 1
of /usr/local/tomcat/conf/tomcat-
> apache.conf:
> Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jserv.so
into
> server:undefined symbol: jserv_error_exit
> ./apachectl start:httpd could not be started
>
> Finally I tried copying a prebuilt mod_jserv.so file I
> downloaded from the web in .../apache/libexec/ but I
> received this message again:
> API module structure 'jserv_module' in
> file /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jserv.so is
garbled -
> perhaps this is not an Apache module DSO?
>
> I think I'm not the firstone with this problem, if
> someone could tell me what to do (copy files, edit
> another ones, re-configure packages, etc) I would
thank

RE: mod_jserv.so

Posted by Tim O'Neil <ti...@xythos.com>.
Steve;

I don't know *. My reply you quoted below was with
regard to Renato Salazar's problem, which was on
RedHat 7.0. Like I said, RH7.0/Apache1.3.19/Tomcat
3.2.2/mod_jk/ajp12/SSL works great. And the it wasn't
all that bad to set up. We should upgrade to RH 7.1,
but that's another story...

* I do have a of mod_jk.dll sitting in my ..\Apache\modules
directory on my work station, but I don't know if I'm even
using it. I seem to recall needing to configure
ApacheModuleJServ.dll for my NT efforts, probably because I
couldn't get mod_jk.dll to work either. But it's been a while.

I don't use MS platforms for anything other than development,
so I know I didn't spend much time getting it to work if it did
have problems. I didn't even configure it for testing ssl, it
was just too much hassle. I have a difficult enough time getting
ssl to work on Unix platforms. If you want the mod_jk.dll I have
sitting here I'll send it to you, its 112KB. Oh, one other thing;
I don't remember building it, I'm sure I got it pre-built from
somewhere.

RE: mod_jserv.so

Re: mod_jserv.so

Posted by Tim O'Neil <ti...@xythos.com>.