Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Bruce Jackson <Br...@myriadgroup.com> on 2013/11/02 09:05:55 UTC

Building felix from svn checkout

I would like to build Felix from the svn repository per the instructions
here:

http://felix.apache.org/documentation/development/building-felix.html

However, whether I just build using ³ant² or ³mvn -Dpackaging=plugins
install² or ³build_run.sh² I get the same problem:

 [exec] [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-remote-resources-plugin:1.1:process
(default) on project org.apache.felix.utils: Error finding remote
resources manifests:
/Users/brucej/development/felix/src/felix-trunk/utils/target/maven-shared-a
rchive-resources/META-INF/NOTICE (No such file or directory) -> [Help 1]
     [exec] [ERROR]

Any ideas?

Thanks

Bruce

*** DISCLAIMER ***

This message, including attachments, is intended solely for the addressee indicated in this message and is strictly confidential or otherwise privileged. If you are not the intended recipient (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person) : - (1) please immediately (i) notify the sender by reply email and (ii) delete this message and attachments, - (2) any use, copy or dissemination of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you or your employer does not consent to Internet email messages of this kind, please advise Myriad Group AG by reply e-mail immediately. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by Myriad Group AG unless otherwise indicated by an authorized representative independent of this message.

Re: Building felix from svn checkout

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
Yes, as with other maven projects there's the expectation that you can build any directory with a pom in it.  I did mention that utils 1.4 would be missing.  I've now completed the release of utils 1.4.0 and ds 1.8.0 so if you set up your maven to look into the apache release repo or wait for the sync to maven central you should be able to build scr trunk without this error.  You can also just use the DS 1.8.0 directly from either of these locations.

thanks
david jencks

Posted by Bruce Jackson <Br...@myriadgroup.com>.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.