Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Shiva Kumar H R <sh...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/21 14:38:16 UTC

How important is simplifying Creation/Updation of Geronimo Deployment Plans?

Creating or updating of Geronimo Deployment Plans has always been a tedious
and erroneous task. As evident from the user mailing list, first time users
(and sometimes even advanced users) have always had some issue or the other
when it comes to correctly creating Geronimo deployment plans.

I have always wished that Geronimo Development Tools (like Geronimo Eclipse
Plug-in) provide some facility for auto creating or updating the Geronimo
deployment plans. I have created a wiki page summarizing my proposal:
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxPMGT/geronimo-deployment-plans-how-to-simplify-creation-or-updation.html

If this is something of use for you as a user/developer, it would be
valuable if you can take a moment and provide your feedback/comment as a
User community and would better convince the dev-community into taking this
up.

Also if you have any new proposals please post it on the above wiki
page.<http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxPMGT/geronimo-deployment-plans-how-to-simplify-creation-or-updation.html>
- Shiva

Re: How important is simplifying Creation/Updation of Geronimo Deployment Plans?

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
See my response in the thread "Geronimo plan help"

-sachin