Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Nitin Khandelwal <ni...@germinait.com> on 2011/07/06 14:22:41 UTC

Job Priority Hadoop 0.20.203

Hi,

I am using Hadoop 0.20.203 with the new API ( mapreduce package) . I want to
use Jobpriority, but unfortunately there is no option to set that in Job (
the option is there in 0.21.0). Can somebody plz tell me is there is a
walkaround to set job priority?

Nitin Khandelwal

Re: Job Priority Hadoop 0.20.203

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@apache.org>.
On Jul 6, 2011, at 5:22 AM, Nitin Khandelwal wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using Hadoop 0.20.203 with the new API ( mapreduce package) . I want to
> use Jobpriority, but unfortunately there is no option to set that in Job (
> the option is there in 0.21.0). Can somebody plz tell me is there is a
> walkaround to set job priority?

 Job priority is slowly (read: unofficially) on its way to getting deprecated, if one takes the fact that cap sched now completely ignores it in 203.  I, too, am sad about this.

Re: Job Priority Hadoop 0.20.203

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Nitin,

Workaround is to set "mapred.job.priority" to the JobPriority Enum
string (#toString is sufficient) in your Job's Configuration instance.

--
Harsh J