Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Jeff Corliss <je...@yahoo.com> on 2003/02/18 17:45:05 UTC

JSTL

Hi all,

Recently started using the "standard" taglib - great
stuff!  I have a couple of questions about it:

1) There doesn't seem to be a varStatus attribute for
the x:forEach tag like there is for the c:forEach tag.
 For the time being, I implemented one using c:set
etc. (so I can have even/odd table row styles for a
table being built from xml data), but it seems like
there should be one.  Will this be added in a future
version?

2) Does anyone know if the Appendix PDF file (from the
link on the java.sun.com jstl page) is redistributable
(no licensing issues)?

3) There are no WAR files in the 1.02 release (?), or
did I download the wrong .zip?

Thanks,
JC

Re: JSTL

Posted by Jeff Corliss <je...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks so much for the prompt reply, Shawn!
JC

Re: JSTL

Posted by Shawn Bayern <ba...@essentially.net>.
On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, Jeff Corliss wrote:

> 1) There doesn't seem to be a varStatus attribute for the x:forEach
> tag like there is for the c:forEach tag.
>  For the time being, I implemented one using c:set etc. (so I can have
> even/odd table row styles for a table being built from xml data), but
> it seems like there should be one.  Will this be added in a future
> version?

I believe it's in the pipeline of suggestions; there's probably no good
reason not to add it.  To record your specific need, you can mail

  jsr-52-comments@jcp.org

> 2) Does anyone know if the Appendix PDF file (from the link on the
> java.sun.com jstl page) is redistributable (no licensing issues)?

My publisher technically owns the copyright until the contract expires,
but as it's author, I'm willing to go on record that there are no problems
with redistributing it.

> 3) There are no WAR files in the 1.02 release (?), or did I download
> the wrong .zip?

The version of 1.0.2 currently available from the download site has this
problem; I vaguely remember fixing it long ago, but the oversight might
still remain.  Anyway, release 1.0.3 will be out soon; I had planned on
releasing it this weekend but got sidetracked by a number of other things
-- I expect to have it posted tonight or tomorrow.

--
Shawn Bayern
"JSTL in Action"   http://www.manning.com/bayern