Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Jack Wang <pi...@yahoo.com> on 2006/02/01 15:46:33 UTC

回复: Re: Steps of running Kandula_1 exampes

    Now I get point that I only need WS_AT , not Kandula Business activities support. So If
kandula team provide a WS_AT example as soon as possible, kandula will meet my need. Here is the
"Web Services Atomic Transaction example Requirement (Updated From IBM)". The attachment is the
original file.

    Web Services Atomic Transaction example Requirement

    The Web Services Atomic Transaction (WS-AT) sample demonstrates the use of distributed two
phase commit (2PC) between a Web service client and the target Web service. The sample application
is an example of a possible implementation of an e-business selling products business-to-consumer
(B2C), using Web services as a key part of the internal infrastructure of the e-business.

    The sample has been designed so that it can be run on multiple servers, as such the Web
service client can be deploied in one Web application server(Machine A) and the target Web service
can be deploied in another Web application server(Machine B).

    The Web service client provids the main application logic, a set of entity beans facilitating
database access, and a Web application (servlets and Java Server Pages) providing the end user
with an easy way to interact with the sample through a Web browser.

    The Shop bean uses the entity beans to manipulate customer information and makes Web Service
requests on the Stock Web service to manipulate stock data.

    The Stock Web service accesses data in a database containing stock level data through an
entity bean (the Stock bean).

    When a purchase is made the Web service and Web service client both make changes to their
databases.  These changes must be coordinated, otherwise the stock computer could order too much
stock, or a customer may get billed without stock being sent.  A distributed transaction is used
to ensure consistency of the data between the two databases.

    When a user confirms an order, updates are required to both databases.  The customer database
is updated with the details of the new order the customer has now placed for tracking/audit
purposes.  The stock database is also updated since the stock levels need to be updated to reflect
that the ordered stock is now unavailable for any future orders.  These updates need to be
coordinated in a single global transaction.

    In the sample, a transaction is started when the web application calls the application logic
in the Shop bean to confirm an order.

--- Dasarath Weeratunge <dw...@purdue.edu>写道:

> Quoting Jack Wang <pi...@yahoo.com>:
>
> Thanks a lot Jack. Let's start a Wiki page for this so that we could all modify
> it easily. I changed some of the steps. You no longer need jotm to use Kandula.
> Kandula now runs on Geronimo TM. It also downloads all the required jars at
> build time. However, I have not tested how to integrate the Geronimo TM with
> Tomcat. If you have any questions on this matter please drop in a mail to the
> Geronimo User list. Modifications to Kandula code may also be required to
> prevent 2 instances of the TM being active. At present the Kandula tx Bridge
> instantiates the TM and a reference to this could be obtained by calling
> Bridge.getTM(); This procedure surely has to be changed. The code for this is
> in the o.a.k.geronimo package.
>
> I couldn't read the last couple of steps in detail where you talk about how to
> add a new sample. If you could send the code I could commit that as a new
> sample. I think we could use a simpler example.

   I am looking for the knowledge about WS_AT and kandula yet, so I give the sample requirement
first. As for WS_AT sample code, I am afraid it is too difficult to me. :-)

Thanks

> thanks,
> --dasarath
>

> >     Dasarath, I write up the steps for your reference, please see the
> > attachment. I did not test
> > the staps step by step this time. I have some other questions when I put
> > database
> > operation(transaction) and web service call(transaction) in kandula
> > transaction. I will write
> > another mail. Thanks.
> >

> > Wang Jun

Wang Jun