Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Herbst Rainer <rh...@rz.uni-potsdam.de> on 2003/09/30 16:19:11 UTC

I am tired

Hi friends,

I tried to work with lenya and the provided examples for several days now, but with very limited succes.

Some of the problems are:
- The bitflux editor does not work at all, all it is showing are empty pages.
- Quite often, I receive NullPointer exceptions because, e.g. the sitemap contains links to files which are not included into the delivered examples.
- ...

To be honest, I am tired! It is very disapointing, when you are wasting time without any progress! How long have you out there been busy with fixing errors in the sitemaps etc.?

Regards!
Rainer

Re: I am tired

Posted by Christian Egli <ch...@wyona.com>.
patrick tschanz <pa...@moritzi.ch> writes:

> I used now the CVS Version and I'm sorry to tell you, that the problems start
> now at the first lenya page, this are the errors:
>
> Exception: (publication id = computerworld) java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> /home/lenya/build/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs/computerworld/publication.xml
> (No such file or directory)
> Exception: (publication id = docs) java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> /home/lenya/build/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs/docs/publication.xml
> (No such file or directory)
> Exception: (publication id = forum) java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> /home/lenya/build/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs/forum/publication.xml
> (No such file or directory)

The publications computerworld, docs and forum have been moved to a
deprecated CVS module, they are no longer included in CVS.

You probably still have a link to them in your build intructions, as
you used to build them with the RC1 release. Check your
build.properties for references to these old publications, try `ant
reset` followed by `ant install`.

--
Christian Egli       christian.egli@wyona.com   +41 1 272 9161
                     Wyona AG, Hardstrasse 219, CH-8005 Zurich

Re: I am tired

Posted by patrick tschanz <pa...@moritzi.ch>.
I used now the CVS Version and I'm sorry to tell you, that the problems start
now at the first lenya page, this are the errors:

Lenya's Weblog
Exception: (publication id = computerworld) java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/home/lenya/build/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs/computerworld/publication.xml
(No such file or directory)
Default Publication
Exception: (publication id = docs) java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/home/lenya/build/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs/docs/publication.xml
(No such file or directory)
Apache Lenya Project (Overview and Documentation)
Exception: (publication id = forum) java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/home/lenya/build/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs/forum/publication.xml
(No such file or directory)
OSCOM
Unipublic

patrick