Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Justin Brophy <JB...@dsscorp.com> on 2014/02/21 15:23:21 UTC

vCenter Patching - Stop Cloud Management Service?

What is the appropriate way to patch a vCenter associated with CloudStack 4.2.1?

My assumption is to stop the cloudstack-management service on the cloudstack management servers, then proceed with vCenter patching. Post patching, start cloudstack-management.

Is this correct?

Patching ESXi hosts is easy and documented, however I have not located any documented process around vCenter patching.

Thoughts?

Justin Brophy
Solutions Architect
DSS

Re: vCenter Patching - Stop Cloud Management Service?

Posted by Sean Hamilton <se...@seanhamilton.co.uk>.
When I've patched vCenter servers in the past, the rough process I've
followed is:
If you can, disable the zone.
Go to each cluster and click 'unmanage cluster'
Update vCenter
Go to each cluster and click 'manage cluster'
Enable the zone.

Allow CloudStack time to re-check the environment (a couple of minutes
should be fine).
Test deploying an instance.