Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Archie <an...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/05 19:59:18 UTC

Increase speed of replica fetch in kafka?

Is there anyway I can speed up the rate at which the slave replicas will
fetch data from master?

I am using bin/kafka-producer-perf-test.sh to test the throughput of my
producer. And I have set a client quota of 50 MBps. Now without any
replicas I am getting throughput ~ 50MBps but when replication factor is
set to 3, it reduces to ~30 MBps.

There is no other traffic in the network so I am not sure why things are
slowing down. Is there some parameter like
replica.socket.receive.buffer.bytes, replica.fetch.min.bytes that needs to
be tuned to achieve high throughput? How can I speed up my replicas?

Thanks,
Archie

Re: Increase speed of replica fetch in kafka?

Posted by Alexander Binzberger <al...@wingcon.com>.
Have you tried using more partitions for the topic?

--
Alexander Binzberger
System Designer - WINGcon AG

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Langenargen
Registergericht: ULM, HRB 734260
USt-Id.: DE232931635, WEEE-Id.: DE74015979
Vorstand: thomasThomas Ehrle (Vorsitz), Fritz R. Paul (Stellvertreter), Tobias Treß
Aufsichtsrat: Jürgen Maucher (Vorsitz), Andreas Paul (Stellvertreter), Martin Sauter

Re: Increase speed of replica fetch in kafka?

Posted by Girish Aher <gi...@gmail.com>.