Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by ttemprano <tt...@Toyota.com.ve> on 2011/01/26 17:06:17 UTC

Users and groups - Access control - Active Directory

Hi everyone.

I'm building a "search engine" for documents in our organization.

I need to grant permissions on documents according to groups set by the
application administrator.

User database will be the Windows Active Directory, however, we cannot allow
the application admin to change AD groups.

So, wich would be the best approach for this situation?

The web app will authenticate users against the AD but where should I store
the Users - Groups association? In a database or the repository itself?

Is there any documentation on this?

Thank you again.
Tomas

AW: Users and groups - Access control - Active Directory

Posted by "Cech. Ulrich" <Ul...@aeb.de>.
;-)))

Viel schlimmer ist, dass ich dieses "already in Batch mode" Problem in den Testcases nicht nachvollziehen kann, allerdings bekomme ich das Repo in der CSE absolut nicht mehr gestartet...
Habe gesehen, dass zwei Threads den gleichen Code ausführen, was allerdings eigentlich gar nicht sein dürfte, weil es ThreadLocals sind... aber irgendwie dann doch nicht "local"...

Posted by "Seidel. Robert" <Ro...@aeb.de>.
Hi Tomás,

Either you give him all rights with jcr:all, or you can try with jcr:read && jcr:write && jcr:readAccessControl && jcr:modifyAccessControl. I'm not sure if jcr:write is really necessary if the user should only create new users and give them the necessary privileges.

Here is the content from the specification (JSR 283 page 226/227):

A repository must support the following standard privileges identified by the
string constants of javax.jcr.security.Privilege:
. jcr:read: The privilege to retrieve a node and get its properties and their
values.
. jcr:modifyProperties: The privilege to create, remove and modify the
values of the properties of a node.
. jcr:addChildNodes: The privilege to create child nodes of a node.
. jcr:removeNode: The privilege to remove a node.
. jcr:removeChildNodes: The privilege to remove child nodes of a node.
In order to actually remove a node requires jcr:removeNode on that node
and jcr:removeChildNodes on the parent node. The distinction is
provided in order to distinguish implementations that internally model a
"remove" as a "delete" from those that model it as an "unlink". A
repository that uses the "delete" model can have jcr:removeChildNodes
in every access control policy, so that removal is effectively controlled by
jcr:removeNode. Conversely, a repository that uses the "unlink" model
can have jcr:removeNode in every access control policy.
. jcr:write: An aggregate privilege that contains:
o jcr:modifyProperties
o jcr:addChildNodes
o jcr:removeNode
o jcr:removeChildNodes
. jcr:readAccessControl: The privilege to read the access control settings
of a node.
. jcr:modifyAccessControl: The privilege to modify the access control
settings of a node.
. jcr:lockManagement: The privilege to lock and unlock a node (see §17
Locking).
. jcr:versionManagement: The privilege to perform versioning operations
on a node (see §15 Versioning).
227
. jcr:nodeTypeManagement: The privilege to add and remove mixin node
types and change the primary node type of a node (see §10.10 Node Type
Assignment).
. jcr:retentionManagement: The privilege to perform retention
management operations on a node (see §20 Retention and Hold).
. jcr:lifecycleManagement: The privilege to perform lifecycle operations
on a node (see §18 Lifecycle Management).
. jcr:all: An aggregate privilege that contains:
o jcr:read
o jcr:write
o jcr:readAccessControl
o jcr:modifyAccessControl
o jcr:lockManagement
o jcr:versionManagement
o jcr:nodeTypeManagement
o jcr:retentionManagement
o jcr:lifecycleManagement
Whether a privilege is abstract is an implementation variant, with the exception
that jcr:all is never an abstract privilege. For example, a repository unable to
separately control the abilities to add child nodes, remove child nodes, and set
properties could make jcr:modifyProperties, jcr:addChildNodes, and
jcr:removeChildNodes abstract privileges within the aggregate privilege
jcr:write.
Similarly, whether any one of these privileges is aggregate is an implementation
variant, with the exception that jcr:write and jcr:all are always aggregate
privileges.
A repository should also add all implementation-defined privileges to jcr:all.
The standard privilege names are defined as expanded form JCR names in string
constants of javax.jcr.security.Privilege.

Kindly Regards, Robert

Posted by Tomás Temprano <tt...@Toyota.com.ve>.
Hi Robert.

Posted by "Seidel. Robert" <Ro...@aeb.de>.