Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com> on 2006/11/28 15:42:06 UTC

code gen in cs

C# clients look great,

Looking through it, it uses the multi pass  XSLT, I guess that we could
also
convert it at some point to support multi version generation and the new
generator (that tool is in Java supporting both C++ and Java generation.)

If we did that the java tool lib would be needed to build the cs client,
I would
think that we would want to  add the classes to the tool for cs also and
have a
single generation tool.

As we will be removing the xslt from C++ (done) and Java (shortly)
should we also
use this common code generator for cs. it technically possible as it was
written with
interfaces that get implemented for each lang to be generated.

Thoughts...
Carl.

Re: code gen in cs

Posted by Steven Shaw <st...@gmail.com>.
On 28/11/06, Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com> wrote:
> The Java code gen is already there, it just needs to be integrated and
> tested, so there
> should be enough to go from to do the cs. Thanks for creating the JIRA.

Once the new Java codgen is integrated, I'll look at doing the same for the C#.

Cheers,
Steve.

Re: code gen in cs

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.

Re: code gen in cs

Posted by Robert Greig <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 28/11/06, Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com> wrote:

> If we did that the java tool lib would be needed to build the cs client,
> I would
> think that we would want to  add the classes to the tool for cs also and
> have a
> single generation tool.
>
> As we will be removing the xslt from C++ (done) and Java (shortly)
> should we also
> use this common code generator for cs. it technically possible as it was
> written with
> interfaces that get implemented for each lang to be generated.

Sounds like the right thing to do to me. So that we don't lose this I
will create a Jira for this task and make it a dependency on the one
for Java code gen.

RG