Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jonathan Carlson <jc...@is.com> on 2001/02/24 22:25:00 UTC

struts-template.tld

I am very pleased that Struts 1.0 is finally here!  Thank you, developers,
for all the effort.

I have a question about the Struts 1.0 beta build.  Please tell me if I'm
wrong, but it appears that the template tags are included in the struts.jar,
but not in the struts.tld file.  Was this intended?

Jonathan Carlson

P.S. I would have sent this to the dev list but I haven't subscribed to that
one yet.

Re: struts-template.tld

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Jonathan Carlson wrote:

> I am very pleased that Struts 1.0 is finally here!  Thank you, developers,
> for all the effort.
>
> I have a question about the Struts 1.0 beta build.  Please tell me if I'm
> wrong, but it appears that the template tags are included in the struts.jar,
> but not in the struts.tld file.  Was this intended?

The "struts.tld" file documents only the old Struts 0.5 tags.  To use the
template tags, or any of the current 1.0 tags at all, you will really be using
one or more of the struts-xxxxx.tld files, including struts-template.tld for the
template tags.

See the Struts example application's approach to this as a starting point.

> Jonathan Carlson
>
> P.S. I would have sent this to the dev list but I haven't subscribed to that
> one yet.

Craig

Re: struts-template.tld

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@tumbleweed.com>.
Jonathan,

The struts.tld file is for the old (pre-1.0) taglib. These tags are
deprecated in 1.0, and are there only for backwards compatibility.

The 1.0 taglibs use the struts-*.tld files (e.g. struts-template.tld). All
of the implementations, though, are in struts.jar, as you noted.

Hope this helps.

--
Martin Cooper
Tumbleweed Communications