Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Mapred Learn <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/23 02:52:40 UTC

delete _logs dir ?

Hi,
I see that eveyr job has _logs dir that has history dir taking 1 block.

Is it safe to delete such _logs directories as we hv lot of them ?

Thanks,
JJ

RE: delete _logs dir ?

Posted by Girish Ravi <gi...@srmtech.com>.
HI,

As far as I have seen the temporary files will be deleted at the end of Job execution.
The temporary files are the output of your map and reduce.

If it is not deleted, please confirm if there is any parameter set in your environment - to retain the logs.

Regards
Girish

Yes, it should be safe to delete these for completed jobs (its usually
used to keep around job history files, which is moved to the done
location after the job is completed (in whatever end state)).

--
Harsh J

Re: delete _logs dir ?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.