Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Stevo Slavić <ss...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/24 10:15:16 UTC

Problem adding maven 2 project to continuum 1.2.2

Hello all,

When I try to add a maven 2 multi-module project to a fresh continuum
installation by specifying pom URL of the root module I receive an error:
"Unable to connect to remote server". From the message it is not clear which
server continuum has problem connecting to.

>From continuum log [1] it seems to me that continuum for some unknown reason
couldn't obtain pom file from the given URL.
URL I've specified to it is a SVN URL. SVN requires authentication, but I've
also supplied appropriate credentials. I can successfully checkout project
manually on the continuum server - only first time svn client asked
certificate to be confirmed.

If instead I try to add this same project using "Upload POM", continuum
complains: "Cannot upload a Maven 2 project with modules.".

Any suggestions/comments on how to resolve this issue of mine are welcome.
Thanks in advance!

[1]
1787594075 [btpool0-0] INFO
com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.DispatcherUtils - Unable to find
'webwork.multipart.saveDir' property setting. Defaulting to
javax.servlet.context.tempdir
1787594077 [btpool0-0] WARN
com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.multipart.MultiPartRequest - Item is a
file upload of 0 size, ignoring

Re: Problem adding maven 2 project to continuum 1.2.2

Posted by Fabien Tillay <cc...@gmail.com>.
On this thread, somebody seems to have found a solution, adding a
certificate on the server subversion file :
http://www.nabble.com/Problem-with-Subversion-and-HTTPS-Access-to-Repository-td20366751.html

Perhaps you can try it

--
Cordialement
Fabien Tillay

Re: Problem adding maven 2 project to continuum 1.2.2

Posted by Stevo Slavić <ss...@gmail.com>.
Hello Fabien,

Posted by Fabien Tillay <cc...@gmail.com>.

--
Cordialement
Fabien Tillay

Re: Problem adding maven 2 project to continuum 1.2.2

Posted by Stevo Slavić <ss...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Fabien Tillay <cc...@gmail.com>.

--
Cordialement
Fabien Tillay

Re: Problem adding maven 2 project to continuum 1.2.2

Posted by Stevo Slavić <ss...@gmail.com>.
Hello all,

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Olivier Dehon <od...@gmail.com>.
I believe the credentials you provide are only used by Continuum to
perform the actual project checkout, but not to read the POM file.

You can use the  http://user:password@hostname/svn/path/to/the/pom.xml
URL syntax to let Continuum use credentails for reading.

-Olivier

Posted by Stevo Slavić <ss...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Olaf Otto <ol...@x100.de>.
Hi Stevo,