Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by kermitt <he...@genesys.com> on 2007/03/05 09:44:47 UTC

Quartz job

Is it possibel to start a quartz cron / trigger with a inbound message ?
I need to perform a periodic task during a period for any incoming message.

thx

Re: Quartz job

Posted by kermitt <he...@genesys.com>.
This would address many business process use cases and particulary mine :)
I would add the following interface to the smx-quartz SE:

// start a new job returning a job id.
String startJob(String cronString,String destinationService,String message)
// cancel a job using its job id
void cancelJob(String jobId )

I will try to implement something.

Hervé

Re: Quartz job

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
This is not possible at the moment.
However, this is something i have already thought about.
I think the best way would be to define a clean abstract WSDL
for a jbi endpoint that would be activated by the quartz component
at start time.  This wsdl would expose a method to manage
the quartz timers (add, remove, etc ...).  Wdyt ?

On 3/5/07, kermitt <he...@genesys.com> wrote:

> Is it possibel to start a quartz cron / trigger with a inbound message ?
> I need to perform a periodic task during a period for any incoming message.
>
> thx

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
Architect, LogicBlaze (http://www.logicblaze.com/)