Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Mohammad Prabowo <ri...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/02 02:31:12 UTC

build-couchdb start, stop, restart

Hi. I'm new to CouchDB and would like to join the mailing list.

Also, i have a problem. I'm using build-couchdb method as recomended
from this wiki, http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Installing_on_Ubuntu
but, i don't know how to make the couchdb start automatically when i
start Ubuntu.

Also, after i start the CouchDB manually, i can't seem to find a way
to restart the process (i want to change the admin password, and to do
that, i need to edit the local.ini file, and restart the CouchDB).

So, to be clear, here's my problem:

- How to make the build-couchdb start automatically?
- How to start, stop, and restart build-couchdb?

Thanks!

Re: build-couchdb start, stop, restart

Posted by Mohammad Prabowo <ri...@gmail.com>.
Hi. Sorry my response took a while. I'm trying to recompiled
build-couchdb as suggested by Marcello, after deleting the
build-couchdb folder, and then starting from scratch:

git clone git://github.com/iriscouch/build-couchdb
cd build-couchdb
git submodule init
git submodule update

rake install=/home/rizalp             #my home folder

But the installer always report that the checkout is not clean. I
don't know why.

While exploring and reading about couchdb, i found out about
couchbase. Fortunately, they provide a Couchbase Single Server that is
compatible with CouchDB. Even better, they provide binary installer
to!

 And so, i download and installed it:

sudo dpkg -i couchbase-server-community_x86_1.2.0.deb

And it's working like a charm. I can start, stop and restart server with

sudo /etc/init.d/couchbase-server {start | stop | restart}

Thanks for the help guys! Maybe later i will try to build couchdb from source.

Posted by Marcello Nuccio <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jason Smith <jh...@iriscouch.com>.

--
Iris Couch