Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Richard Bergmann <RB...@colsa.com.INVALID> on 2022/06/10 15:52:08 UTC

Unable to Browse Messages in ActiveMQ Artemis Queue

I migrated my application from Classic to Artemis 2.19 (Running Java 8) and messages that I used to be able to view are not shown in the new console.  Note that there are over 25K messages in the queue and at the moment there are no consumers or producers and the service has been restarted (i.e., the messages are durable).

If it makes any difference, the messages are JSON since I am using Python STOMP and Python is very JSONic.

[cid:6db3847b-08f5-4687-b378-d94b47c8497d]
________________________________
The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments from COLSA Corporation may contain company sensitive and/or proprietary information, and is intended only for the named recipient to whom it was originally addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, distribution, or copying of this e-mail or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and permanently delete the e-mail and any attachments.

COLSA Proprietary

Re: [External] - Re: Unable to Browse Messages in ActiveMQ Artemis Queue

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
> Is there a known "fix" for ARTEMIS-3677?

Yes. All the related commits are linked from the Jira. There is one commit
that fixes the issue [1] and a couple of others with additional tests [2]
[3].

Justin

[1] https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-artemis.git;h=51a25b4
[2] https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-artemis.git;h=7b25cbb
[3] https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-artemis.git;h=0bc7bf3

Posted by Richard Bergmann <RB...@colsa.com.INVALID>.

________________________________

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
> Apparently I had to choose the "Original Queue(Expiry/DLQs only)" column
in the Columns list.  Needless to say, it was not selected by default and
the "Expiry/DLQs only" put me off of choosing it in the first place.

That seems like a bug to me. I'll look into it.

> Anyway, I am now able to view the message.

Glad you got it sorted out.

Justin

Posted by Richard Bergmann <RB...@colsa.com.INVALID>.
I'm sorry, nevermind.  Apparently I had to choose the "Original Queue(Expiry/DLQs only)" column in the Columns list.  Needless to say, it was not selected by default and the "Expiry/DLQs only" put me off of choosing it in the first place.

________________________________

Posted by Richard Bergmann <RB...@colsa.com.INVALID>.
There is no "Show" button . . . :(

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Richard Bergmann <RB...@colsa.com.INVALID>.
Is there a way to get it to run under Java 8?  I tried 2.22 but it cried about Java 11 and I'm not sure we can upgrade to it (we work on a secure network that is not always up to the latest and greatest).  :(

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-3677