Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by R Krishna <kr...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/09 07:43:08 UTC

Ideas to achieve no loss in a 0.10 Publisher?

We are looking for a way to guarantee no "publisher" loss where waiting
until the cluster/network health is resolved is fine.

What we are doing right now is to at avoid this loss in favor of at least
once guarantee by doing a *future.get() on say 1000th record or 1s
(whatever comes first)* and if only if that record succeeds, we
transactionally acknowledge publishing the polled messages and continue
with the next batch of records.

Is this a better way of doing this?

--  Krishna