Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com> on 2009/04/14 15:37:30 UTC

Build changes

Hi all,

I just submitted a change that removes a number of JARs from Subversion:

1) junit.jar - if you are using Eclipse to build Pivot, this change should have no impact. However, if you are using Ant, you may need to add junit.jar to your Ant classpath, as described in item #1 below.

http://ant.apache.org/manual/OptionalTasks/junit.html

2) StAX JARs - these JARs are only required for Java 5 compatibility. Building Pivot now requires Java 6. If you are already building with JDK 1.6+, this change will have no impact. Note that these JARs should still be distributed with and included on the classpath of any application that targets Java 5.

3) JavaScript JARs - these JARs are only required for Mac OSX compatibility, since the OSX JVM does not include them for some reason. If you are running JavaScript applications on OSX, you'll need to ensure that these files are somewhere on your runtime classpath (they are not necessary to build). Note that removing these JARs eliminated the benign but annoying "xbean.jar" warnings when building with Ant.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Greg

Re: Build changes

Posted by Todd Volkert <tv...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, we're not using any 1.6-only API -- the 1.6 requirement is just
because 1.6 comes with the StAX parser and the JavaScript engine.  If
you manually add the stax jars to your classpath
(http://stax.codehaus.org/), you should be fine.

Let us know how it goes.

-T

Re: Build changes