Posted to dev@trafficcontrol.apache.org by Daisuke Maki <le...@gmail.com> on 2021/12/14 00:35:57 UTC

Switch github.com/lestrrat-go/jwx

Hi,

I recently made a PR regarding upgrading github.com/lestrrat-go/jwx to the
latest version (https://github.com/apache/trafficcontrol/pull/6380).

Upon further inspection I realized that my code was being mixed-and-matched
with dgrijalva/jwt-go. Being the author of lestrrat-go/jwx, I would like to
attempt to replace the use of dgrijalva/jwt-go with lestrrat-go/jwx/jwt: I
realize this isn't strictly necessary, but would you at least consider this
if I send in a PR?

Thanks,
--d

Re: Switch github.com/lestrrat-go/jwx

Posted by Zach Hoffman <zr...@apache.org>.
dgrijalva/jwt-go is one of the outdated dependencies that we could not
immediately upgrade to the latest major version (noted in
<https://github.com/apache/trafficcontrol/pull/6407>), so what we have
currently needs to be replaced regardless. But shaving a dependency
off our go.mod would be even better.

> I think we would do more than just consider it -- we would greatly
> appreciate it!

Agreed, +1!

-Zach

Posted by Rawlin Peters <ra...@apache.org>.