Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ge...@nokia.com on 2003/01/15 13:37:13 UTC

SSL, Axis and Java1.4

Hi,

 Did anyone use SSL with Axis and Java 1.4 ?
 I'm trying to make it work. As I read in the Java docs,
the 1.4 version does not allow to replace the socket factories
for security reasons. Is this true  ? Do you have any experiences ?
If yes, then how does the SocketFactoryFactory class work
in Axis ? As far as I know this class does exactly this thing:
replaces the socket factory with Axis's own factories or
some custom factory. This is what I did myself, but it does not seem
to work with Java 1.4. Can you help me ? Regards, Geza