Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Francisco Passos <fr...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/16 15:15:06 UTC

[Trinidad] Update from 1.0.1 to 1.0.3 breaks PPR

Good afternoon.

I've been developing an application with Trinidad 1.0.1 and am considering
upgrading to 1.0.3 for the improvements in PPR, the statusIndicator and also
to be able to redirect AJAX requests to the login page after the session has
expired.

However, immediatly after replacing the 1.0.1 libs with their
1.0.3counterparts, I find that AJAX interactions no longer work,
generating an
error on the browser, which Firebug identifies this way:

["Invalid PPR response. The response-headers were:\nDate: Tue, 16 Oct 2007
13:09:56 GMT\nTransfer-Encodi..."] Common1_0_3.js (line 10458)
["Error ", TypeError: a5 has no properties message=a5 has no properties, "
delivering XML request status changed to ", function()]

What can cause this and is there a workaround?

Thank you,

Francisco

RE: [Trinidad] Update from 1.0.1 to 1.0.3 breaks PPR

Posted by "Bertrand, Shawn R" <sh...@tycoelectronics.com>.
We just worked around the problem as I noted in my previous post -
leaving the commandButtons enabled all the time.

Shawn

________________________________

Posted by Francisco Passos <fr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Francisco Passos <fr...@gmail.com>.
No, this is not the case.

It happens with tr:table navigation and also with commandLinks which do
partialSubmits.

Regards,

Posted by Oscar Reitsma <or...@gmail.com>.
This may help or not, sounds like there has been more discussion on this
issue.

We had problems with PPR in all versions above 1.0.1 because we weren't
using jspx:
i.e. use something like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" standalone="yes" ?>
<jsp:root xmlns:jsp="http://java.sun.com/JSP/Page" version="2.0"
    xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core"
    xmlns:tr="http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad">

    <jsp:directive.page contentType="text/html;charset=utf-8" />

    <f:view>
        <f:loadBundle basename="com.cyest.spms.resources.messages"
var="msgs" />
    </f:view>
</jsp:root>

Regards,