Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by "York, Brennon" <Br...@capitalone.com> on 2015/04/03 21:02:36 UTC

Spark PR builder now with dependency reports!

All, recently Spark has updated the PR builder in an attempt to better help the committers understand what, if anything, has changed wrt dependencies for new PR’s. This comes in the form of a fourth bullet posted on Github that I’m sure you’ve noticed when Jenkins is done building and running the Spark tests (language like “This patch does not change any dependencies.”). Right now there are sparse issues that, I believe, are related to timing problems (see build #29576 at https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/5286 for an example), but I’m not 100%.

So, if anyone sees an issue like the above where dependencies are reported as added or removed when nothing has been changed in any pom.xml file, please CC me on the Github PR (@brennonyork) to help me dive into this issue and figure out what’s going on.

Thanks everyone!

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and/or proprietary to Capital One and/or its affiliates. The information transmitted herewith is intended only for use by the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.